This was one of my first recipes I published back in March. I have updated it for Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 can (398 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped or 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable/canola oil
- Dash of worcestershire sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 1×1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red or green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of chopped leeks
- 8 (6-inch) warm corn or flour tortillas
First I add the tomato sauce, you can use plain but I like to add a little more flavour to the dish with Hunts Tomato Sauce with onion, herbs & spices
Combine all the Slowpoke sauce ingredients in the slow cooker with the tomato sauce. Cover and cook on high.
Oil your large skillet and add chopped up leeks
Add Chicken and cook over medium heat until browned. I like to sprinkle some more granulated garlic on the chicken to add flavour. Add the bell peppers.
Add the cooked chicken, bell peppers and leeks to the slow cooker.
Stir until well coated. Cover and turn the slow cooker down to low and cook for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables tender.
Serve with warm tortillas and a side salad. Makes 4 servings
* Place lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and sour cream in serving dishes. Each person can create their own wrap, using their preferred ingredients.