I can’t believe Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming Monday. Where has the year gone? I love this time of year.
I love making cupcakes and when there is a major holiday involved even better. I had fun getting ideas on Pinterest. I love owls and turkeys are part of the holiday. I went out and bought my ingredients and all the extras.
Talk about a sugar high!! I should add that all this baking is for 20 people for Thanksgiving dinner. 🙂
What you will need:
- Cupcakes, any flavour
- Butter cream frosting, any colours. Darker colours work best for the owls .
- Betty Crocker chocolate frosting
- Oreos. I found pumpkin flavoured but regular Oreos will work too.
- Halloween Chips Ahoy, any chocolate chip cookie is fine
- Halloween Smarties
- Candy corn
- Candy eyes
- Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses
- Food colouring
- Piping bag and Wilton 1M tip
- Cake Mate orange icing tube
- Owl Cupcakes: Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, Oreos, and Smarties. Frost the cupcakes and take apart two oreos for the eyes, add Smarties to each oreo cookie. Use a orange Smartie for the nose and 2 brown ones for the ears.
- Chocolate Orange Cupcake: Food colouring to make orange for the butter cream frosting and Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, Wilton 1M frosting tip, and piping bag. Start with the orange and add the chocolate frosting to the bag. Pipe the frosting swirling around to the tip.
- Turkey Cookies: Halloween Chips Ahoy cookies, Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, candy corn, candy eye balls, Cake Mate orange frosting tube. Frost the cookies and add the candy corn to the tops of the cookie (about 6 in a row). Place 2 candy eyeballs just below the candy corn to make the eyes. Pipe orange frosting to make the beak and turkey legs.
- Witches Hat Cookies: Oreos, Betty Crocker chocolate frosting, Hershey chocolate kisses, sprinkles. Take a blob of frosting and sprinkle the sprinkles on. Squish the Hershey kiss into the frosting.